- 4 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast
- 2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup The French Olive Basil oil – divided
- Flaky salt
- Fresh basil (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and yeast. Add the water and mix, using a wooden spoon, until all ingredients are blended. The dough will be sticky, form a ball, and rub in 2 tablespoons of The French Olive Basil olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours and the dough has doubled.
- While waiting, coat a 9″x13″ pan with The French Olive regular olive oil. Then pour in 3 tablespoons of the Basil olive oil.
- Using your hands, gently shape the dough into a ball. Place the ball into the prepared pan and roll it in the oil. With the ball in the center of the pan, cover with plastic and let rest for 30 minutes to rise a second time.
- Now is the time to preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Remove the plastic cover. With the Basil olive oil, pour 2 tablespoons over your hands. Now is the fun! Create the bread dimples by pressing your fingers into the dough, stretching the dough to fill the pan, as necessary. Sprinkle with flaky salt and pour more Basil oil over the top if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes; then brush with Basil Olive Oil and garnish with fresh basil leaves!