Both bright from the fresh limes and buttery from the diced avocados, this sauce adds color and flavor to broiled fish, roast chicken or eggs.
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium, pitted, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped shallot
- 2 limes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine oil, avocado, jalapeno, garlic, and shallot in a medium bowl.
- Squeeze limes into the avocado mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Just before serving, stir in the basil and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.