Perhaps try a little cooling gelato with these light, fresh cookies to complete your summer salad meal.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking soda, pepper, and thyme into a bowl and whisk together to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, milk, lemon juice, and zest. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until you form a nice smooth dough.
- Roll heaping teaspoons of the dough into balls. Place them about 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies about 12-15 minutes, or until they are browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.