With all the Mediterranean flavors of olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados and chicken, this salad is a complete meal in a bowl. Making one dressing/marinade for two uses, this recipe is easy, fast, and refreshing for the hot summer days ahead.
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 – skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata or olives of choice, halved
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Whisk together all the marinade/dressing ingredients in a pint jar. Pour out 1/2 into a large shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining liquid to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the dish for 30 minutes-up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad ingredients and mix in a large serving bowl.
- Once the chicken is ready, grill on both sides until browned and completely cooked.
- Rest the chicken about 5 minutes; then slice or dice and arrange over the salad. Drizzle the salad with the saved dressing ONLY.
- Top with 1/2c. crumbled Feta cheese if desired. Toss and serve with the lemon wedges.