Easy, lemony, & moist muffins made from creamy ricotta cheese and The French Olive olive oil.
1 lemon, zested
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp. whole milk
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup The French Olive olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- Preheat oven to 375″. Place cupcake papers into 12 muffin tin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, lemon zest, & baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the egg, ricotta cheese, milk, oil, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, & vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry & using a large spatula, fold to combine until incorporated. This will be a thick batter.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups, filling them 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Transfer to cooling rack & let rest until cold.
- Meanwhile, prepare a glaze by whisking together 1/2 c. powdered sugar & 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice until smooth. Spoon over the cooled muffins & sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Garnish each with a tiny mint leaf or lemon balm if available